SENIOR BANKING BRANCH MANAGER – VICE PRESIDENT
Top-producing, award-winning manager with 17-year history of leading branches and business development to record-breaking results in multimillion-dollar B2B sales and account growth.
Demonstrate broad strengths in:
Competitive Intelligence, Sales Strategy Development, Sales Team Leadership, Cross Selling & Up Selling, Partnership & Alliance Building, Business Solutions Consulting, Effective Communications, Budgeting & Fiscal Oversight
CITY NATIONAL BANK OF FLORIDA, FL 2011 - Present
VP & Banking Center Manager – Manage sales and business operations for one of the largest CNB Banking Centers.
• Sales Leadership: Oversee retail sales and service function to effectively serve customers’ total financial service needs and providing Best-in-Class-Service, achieving #1 branch status in June 2011, up from #19 of 26. 100% of bankers at branch obtained incentives. Promoted to the Downtown Flagler/Main banking Center May 2012.
• Lead/Referral Generation: Developed strategic partnerships with business owners and real estate industry professionals to increase deposits, loans, and accounts. Active networker through Business Networking International (Current Educational Coordinator), Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Greater Miami Chamber, and the Probate and Banking Committee.
• Staff Supervision & Retention: Coach, train, and mentor branch staff and sales team to exceed sales goals and qualify for incentives. 100% staff retention thus far in 2012.
• Business Growth: Attained 50% increase in deposit balance and 38% increase in loan balance for 2011.
• Operations Management: Direct all activities to meet and exceed compliance, regulations and set goals, including effective salary administration and rewards, budget development and administration, creation of goals, staffing models, schedules, and performance standards.
WACHOVIA BANK/WELLS FARGO COMPANY, FL 2006 – 2011
Advanced within Wachovia and Wells Fargo to leadership positions of increased accountability and influence based on consistent record of exceeding all staffing, sales, account growth, and profitability performance metrics.
Store/Branch Manager & AVP (2010 – 2011) – Manage sales and business operations for $100 million branch in Coral Gables with 13-member retail sales and service team.
• Sales Leadership: Oversee retail sales and service function to serve customers’ total financial service needs, resulting in greater market share, wallet share, and profitability through teamwork, collaboration, and a vital sales and service organization. Increased sales rank to #1 from #7, out of nine Dade Downtown branches and only store at 100%+ to goal YTD.
• Lead/Referral Generation: Developed a referral strategy that increased teller referrals from 40% to 160%, #1 in SE Florida.
• Staff Supervision & Retention: Coach, train, and mentor platform sales team to exceed sales goals and qualify for incentives. Achieved significant increase in staff retention (15% vs. 50%) in a branch that had experienced three branch managers leaving during the previous 18 months.
• Business Growth: Expanded store team from 8 to 13 employees as a direct result of sales and revenue growth.
• Customer Service: Boosted customer service scores from 76% in Q1 to 91.3% in Q3, 2010.
• Operations Management: Directed all activities to meet and exceed goals, including effective salary administration and rewards, compliance, staffing models, schedules, and performance standards.
Licensed Financial Specialist/Personal Banker (2008 – 2010) – Prospected and obtained new banking relationships among small business and personal accounts in Aventura market.
• Sales Achievements: Surpassed colleagues as consistent Top Licensed Financial Specialist in total investment revenue.
• Recognition: Earned multiple Shared Success Awards for teamwork, policies, performance, and investment dollars.
• Financial Sales: Sold a wide range of retail banking and credit products (loans and cards), including payroll and insurance services, mutual funds, annuities, and checking and savings accounts.
• Relationship Building: Collaborated with Wells Fargo partners such as payroll, merchant, insurance, private, and business bank professionals, increasing cross-sell opportunities and maximizing sales and quality outcomes.
• Staff Supervision: Coached tellers and mentored bankers to increase referral and store numbers.
Wholesale Account Executive (2006 – 2008) – Substantially increased Wachovia marketable and portfolio wholesale mortgage sales by building long-term relationships with mortgage broker businesses throughout the tri-county area (Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade Counties).
• Sales Achievements: Consistently performed in the top 10%, including boosting revenues 43% from 2006 to 2007.
• Recognition: Won such awards as Rookie of the Year for 2006, Top Gun Award (12 times), and Shared Success Award for exceptional teamwork, April 2008.
• Account Development: Secured major new accounts as a result of broker presentations, formal seminars, and broker training sessions. Built client base through aggressive marketing campaign that involved cold calling and direct mail, outstanding customer care and follow-up, reliable service, and ongoing pursuit of referral business.
• Staff Supervision: Provided new-hire training and mentorship to account executives.
CLEAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC., West Palm Beach, FL 2000 – 2005
General/Sales Manager – Played key role in growing startup business into highly profitable telecommunications company servicing local, regional, national, and international clients.
• Revenue Increase: Built a customer base of 1,600 accounts and grossed more than $1 million in residual annual commission revenues to the company.
• Major Account Sales & Development: Personally handled presentations to senior executives and closed large deals. Achieved awards from numerous carriers and negotiated multimillion-dollar contracts. Secured $4.8 million contract with Aviall (aviation parts supplier) and provided service to major retail chains such as For Eyes Optical.
• Staff Supervision: Recruited and directed activities of 150 independent sales agents.
• Business Startup: Created business plan, acquired financing, and developed operations strategies. Established sales offices, recruited sales personnel and negotiated contracts with 15 carriers.
• Company Sale: Positioned business and brokered profitable sale of company.
AT&T WIRELESS, West Palm Beach, FL 1998 – 1999
Major Account Executive – Sold wireless services to large business accounts throughout the tri-county territory.
• Recognition: Earned Peak Performer 4th Quarter 1998 for achieving 133% of quota and Top Producer averaging 127% for four consecutive quarters.
• Account Development: Secured, grew, and maintained key client accounts by identifying telecommunications needs and presenting affordable and broad-based solutions. Closed sales with such businesses as Fidelity Federal Bank, Carl’s Furniture, BE Aerospace, Sysco Foods, Cheney Brothers, and The Dioceses of Palm Beach.
• Lead Generation/Collaboration: Increased referrals and sales by spearheading and leading a Communication and
Technology Lead Group comprised of technology-driven sales champions. Worked closely with long distance, data, and local service reps to present customized solutions.
ARMY NATIONAL GUARD 1992 – 1996
E-4 Specialist – Served in both squad leader and hands-on technician roles, managing six technical personnel.
• Technical Training: Received technical instruction in Radioteletype and Landline Communications.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY, New Britain, CT
Completed coursework toward B.A. in Marketing while working full time.
GOLD COAST SCHOOLS, Boca Raton, FL
Real Estate Sales Associate and Real Estate Broker
KAPLAN UNIVERSITY, Miami, FL
Series 6, 63, & Health, Life, and Annuity Licenses
Notary Public, Medallion Stamp Certified, and Wire Certified